Core 4.0 Pre-release
C-PMI 1-5: Quality Management Program Evaluation
This standard both requires that your organization conduct an annual evaluation of the effectiveness of your QM program and describes the required components of that evaluation, which must be provided to the leadership at least annually. The required components include:
- Recommendations to leadership on how to improve the QM program;
- An analysis of the organization's performance as compared to the organization's goals for performance;
- A finding of whether the staff and technical resources available for the QM program were sufficient;
- Whether the people involved in the QM program were the right people to be involved; and
- An impact assessment of the QM program.
First, we recommend that your report track the requirements of this standard. Clearly label each section of the evaluation report using language that corresponds closely to URAC's language, making it easier for the reviewer to recognize the report's compliance with the standard.
Second, keep in mind that this evaluation has, at its core, the underlying purpose of providing leadership with ideas that answer not only how the organization is doing in terms of QM but also what it should do in order to improve its performance.
Impact, in this context, simply looks at the question of whether the QM program made a difference.
Submit your QM program description, a template of your QM program evaluation report, and meeting minutes demonstrating compliance with this standard.
The URAC reviewer will talk with both leadership and QM staff about both the effectiveness of the program and how that effectiveness is evaluated.
The reviewer will examine QM evaluation reports, QMC meeting minutes, and other documentation of program evaluation.